As temperatures continue to cool down, it’s time to start filling our wardrobes with this season’s must-have trends. Personally, fall is my favorite season. I love the crisp air, the changing leaves (when I get out of Phoenix to see them), and of course all the perfect fall fashion! Here are a few of my very favorite trends for fall 2016 and the pieces every fashionista needs in her closet this season.
- Over the Knee Boots – A leftover trend from last fall/winter, over the knee boots are back again this fall. I love these block heel beauties from Chinese Laundry.
- Long Flares – Flares started making their comeback earlier this year, and we’ll continue to see more of them now that temps are cooling down. I love the length of these released hem flares from Express.
- Chic Backpacks – These aren’t your high school backpacks; this year’s backpacks are trendy and sophisticated, like this Loeffler Randall leather backpack.
- Fringe – Fringe is going to be everywhere this fall, and the easiest way to take advantage of the trend is through handbags like this Rebecca Minkoff cross-body.
- Embellished Leggings – Leggings have been in style for years, and thankfully for those of us who love comfort, they’re not going away just yet; they’re just getting more interesting — like these mesh inset leggings by BP.
- Chokers – The 90’s are back…at least as far as chokers are concerned! They’ve been making their comeback since the summer, but we’re really going to see them everywhere this fall. I love this one from Lord & Taylor.
- Open-toed Booties – Open-toed booties like these from Sam Edelman are the perfect transition piece from summer to fall.
- Choker Blouses – In addition to stand-alone chokers, we’re also seeing chokers incorporated into tops, like this blouse from SheIn.
- Biker Jackets – Perfect for cooler days and nights, biker jackets like this River Island stunner are both edgy and chic.
- Trenches – And when the days and nights start to get really cool, you’ll want to pull out a trench like this one from London Fog.
- Trench Vests – Or, if you’re like those of us in Arizona who don’t get too many cold days or nights, a trench vest is a great way to take advantage of the trend even in warmer temps. I love this one from Revolve.
Which fall trend is your favorite?