If you’ve followed my journey on this blog, you’ve likely seen my hair get progressively shorter. I had long hair for what felt like forever (you can see it in my post on keratin treatments) when I finally got enough nerve to cut my hair into a lob last summer. After starting my short hair transition, I was hooked. I went full bob right after my 30th birthday this past March and even shorter during my most recent cut. After at least a solid year of contemplating cutting my hair and being too afraid to do it, I love my short hair so much I can’t believe it took me so long to take the plunge. If you’re thinking about chopping your locks, here are 5 reasons to just do it already.
- Styling takes so much less time. Even with a keratin treatment, I still need to straighten my locks everyday. You have no idea how much less time it takes to straighten hair that’s 8 inches long v. hair that’s a foot-and-a-half! My morning hair routine is nothing now that my hair is short.
- You’ll use so much less product. In addition to saving time, short hair also helps save on product. I remember my first time showering after my cut, I poured out my usual glob of conditioner only to realize I didn’t need half of it. Now, it seems products last forever because I barely need to use any when I wash or style.
- Bed head is totally stylish. On the non-wash days, I can basically roll out of bed and head into the office. When my hair was long, it only really looked good when it was totally put together. The nice thing about short hair is that it almost looks better when it’s messy.
- Your hair will be healthier. When you cut your hair every 8 weeks, you’ll be amazed at how healthy your hair is! I can’t even tell you the last time I had a split end. Sure, I see my stylist more than I did when my hair was long, but my hair is also significantly healthier.
- Short hair is perfect for every season. It’s nice and cool in the summer, and doesn’t get all stuck in your scarves in the winter. Plus, it’s a lot easier to shake out and fluff up your hat hair in the winter when your hair is nice and light.
So…if you’ve been thinking about cutting your hair and have been nervous to do it, my suggestion is to take the plunge. If you’re like me, you won’t regret it, and even if you do, hair always grows back.