Every year, we do a white elephant gift exchange at my company’s holiday party. Some of the gifts are really cool, but inevitably a few are a little less desirable. It makes for a fun game of stealing the best gifts from each other, but in the end, only a few people leave with something they actually want while the rest leave with something they’ll end up re-gifting or donating. That’s why I’m taking a stand this year against horrible white elephant gifts and sharing 15 fun items your co-workers are sure to love. They’re all $25 and under, so instead of re-gifting whatever random thing you ended up with last year, pick up something from this list. Just think of all the credit you’ll get for bringing the gift everyone fights over ;)
- Cards Against Humanity ($25) – Assuming your co-workers aren’t easily offended, Cards Against Humanity is an oldy but a goody. And if most of your team already has this NSFW game, there are tons of great expansion packs as well (for just $10 each).
- Zero Fox Given Mug ($14.95) – I’m slightly obsessed with this fun mug I found over on Etsy, and your co-workers are sure to love it too.
- BP. Foldover Clutch ($25) – If you have a lot of ladies in your office, here’s a fashionable foldover clutch that’s perfect for the season.
- Foodie Dice ($24) – I’m all for gifting things that people love but never knew they needed, and I have a feeling Foodie Dice is one of those things.
- Squatty Potty ($22.36) – You may think this is a joke, but this handy bathroom tool has received rave reviews. It was actually the hot ticket item of my holiday party last year, so I had to add it to the list.
- Hydro Flask ($21.95) – These are absolutely amazing for keeping liquids cold and warm all day!
- Giant Peppermint Twist Snow Tube ($24.99) – Assuming you live somewhere where it snows, here’s a fun gift to bring a little extra joy to the season.
- Baron Fig Confidant Notebook ($16) – A coworker recently introduced me to Baron Fig, and I’m hooked. These handy notebooks are perfect for bullet journaling, taking notes or just staying organized.
- ‘But First Coffee’ Thermal Travel Mug ($18) – Work. Coffee. You get the picture.
- Essential Corkscrew Bottle Opener ($14) – Because sometimes, you just need a drink after a long, hard day at the office.
- Marble & Gold Barware Tool Set ($25.49 on sale) – See above.
- Air Plant Dinosaur Planter ($15) – Who doesn’t need a dinosaur with a succulent in it on their desk?!
- State Slate Cheese Boards ($19.99) – For the cheese lover, which I assume is just about everyone ;)
- Caslon ‘Coordin’ Knit Beanie ($25) – This cozy beanie is perfect for those cold winter days, and it comes in nine different colors your co-workers are sure to love.
- Whiskey Wedge ($17.95) – Realizing a theme as I wrap up this gift guide, and that theme is alcohol. Not sure what that means…
Does your company do a white elephant exchange? What gift are you bringing?