Michael and I are gearing up for a road trip to Mexico — our first official beach trip of the year! So naturally, I’ve been packing all my must-have beach essentials, including:
- Beach Tote: This Rebecca Minkoff is a little older, but it’s been my go-to for years. It’s big yet stylish. Here’s a similar one from her current collection.
- Swim Cover-up/Scarf/Sarong: I love opting for something really light and airy here — it’s easy to put on over a wet suit, and it takes up minimal space in your bag. The one pictured here is from my recent L.V. Kiki subscription box. Use the code NICOLEVK for 20% off your first box!
- Oversized Beach Towel: Perfect for drying off and laying out! I love this navy polka dot one from Overstock, which also comes in hot pink.
- Sun Hat: In addition to shielding your face from the rays, a sun hat is also great for covering messy beach hair, like my naturally curly locks. This straw fedora is only $18!
- Beach Blanket: Laying out is better when you have lots of non-sandy space to spread out. That’s why I love this large round beach blanket. It is under $12, and it’s huge!
- Kindle (or a Good Book): Whether digital or traditional, reading is a great way to pass the time while you sunbathe on the beach.
- Sunglasses: I always opt for a cute pair that’s inexpensive enough that I wouldn’t mind if I lost them in the ocean. Here’s a pair for under $10!
- Lip Balm: No one likes chapped lips on the beach. That’s why I always keep Carmex in my beach bag.
- Bluetooth Speaker: For jamming out, naturally. Michael and I have had this Bose SoundLink speaker for a while, and it’s perfect for traveling.
- Flip Flops: I always pack an inexpensive pair like these for beach days.
- Sunblock: Don’t forget it!
What are your beach essentials?